Drama Workshops: Act Four
Mondays and Tuesdays
School years 9 to 13
Open to Waiting List
Existing members from 2020 had priority access until 5 April. If this applies to you and you have any questions, please send us an email.
What Are Act Four Drama Workshops?
Our weekly drama workshops are ideal for anyone with an enthusiasm for theatre and an interest in performing!
Through fun and creative workshops, our members learn different skills, featuring a mixture of looking at different drama techniques and practitioners, games, improvisation and script work, with a range of specialist guest practitioners popping by to cover things such as physical theatre, stage combat and more!
The drama workshops are a fantastic way to build confidence, develop skills and make friends.
When Do They Happen?
We have four groups for Act Four. These are strictly limited in size due to Government requirements for Out of School Settings as a result of Covid. We are required to ensure school-based bubbles stick together as much as possible in these new groups.
- Dragon: Mondays, 6.15pm – 7.45pm at The Wells Free School – led by Rachel and Fliss
- Minotaur: Mondays, 7.45pm – 9.15pm at Trinity Theatre – led by Simon and Sam
- Kraken: Mondays, 7.45pm – 9.15pm at Trinity Theatre (please select the 19.46 time) – led by Jason and Christina
- Yeti: Mondays, 8.00pm – 9.30pm at The Wells Free School – led by Rachel and Fliss
- Monday 19 April
- Monday 26 April
- Monday 3 May
- Monday 10 May
- Monday 17 May
- Monday 24 May
- Break for Half Term
- Monday 7 June
- Monday 14 June
- Monday 21 June
- Monday 28 June
- Monday 5 July
All of our groups are led by experienced, DBS-checked professional youth theatre leaders.
Unfortunately, parents/carers are currently not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions.
Unfortunately, there is no parking available at The Wells Free School (though parents/carers are welcome to drop off and collect from outside the school, we kindly ask that consideration is given to neighbours of the school and no vehicles wait outside the residential areas).
Unfortunately, parents/carers are not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions at the moment.
Keeping Everyone Safe
The sessions will be a lot of fun and a lot of thought is going into how to ensure things run during Covid, here’s the important stuff that will help us all stay safe:
- All members will be given a specific entrance and exit to the venue for their group, and will not be able to wait in the Foyer as they have done previously due to Covid restrictions.
- Those exhibiting Covid symptoms or who are in a household that is quarantining should not attend.
- Groups are limited to 15 and all members and practitioners will be socially distanced throughout, with cleaning taking place between the different sessions. There will be an assigned toilet per group.
Fees & Bursaries
The group costs £132 for the 11 week term (with the cost of one week’s sessions deducted for members’ siblings).
We offer £12 taster sessions available for new members (deducted off the term cost if they decide to continue). Those starting later in the term will have the term fee pro-rated.
Those taking part in two or more Trinity Youth Theatre weekly workshops get a week for free with the price deducted from the term rate. Please contact us if you would like to sign up to multiple groups.
No one should be unable to take part because of financial constraints. Bursaries from The Elliott Fund are available for those on low incomes. Please contact us for more information.
Please send Sam and Jason an email and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: