Drama Workshops: Act One
Mondays and Tuesdays
School years 2 to 4
We have some spaces available for this term on both Mondays and Tuesdays. Due to Covid restrictions, these are allocated by school bubbles.
Please send us an email if you would like space or to try a taster session letting us know which school and year group you child is in..
What Are Act One Drama Workshops?
In our weekly drama workshops, we begin each week’s workshop with a range of drama games which introduce acting skills and help to develop concentration, quick thinking and teamwork, which not only help you as you enter the world of acting, but are also invaluable life skills!
The second half of the workshops are spent exploring that term’s themes, which have included storytelling, improvisation, Grimm Tales, pantomimes and stock characters.
The drama workshops are a fantastic way to build confidence, develop skills and make friends.
When Does It Happen?
We have two groups for Act One. These are strictly limited in size due to Government requirements for Out of School Settings as a result of Covid.
- Buffalo: Mondays, 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre – led by Becky R and Sam
- Aardvark: Tuesdays, 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre – led by Becky R and Jason
- Monday 19 / Tuesday 20 April
- Monday 26 / Tuesday 27 April
- Monday 3 / Tuesday 4 May
- Monday 10 / Tuesday 11 May
- Monday 17 / Tuesday 18 May
- Monday 24 / Tuesday 25 May
- Break for Half Term
- Monday 7 / Tuesday 8 June
- Monday 14 / Tuesday 15 June
- Monday 21 / Tuesday 22 June
- Monday 28 / Tuesday 29 June
- Monday 5 / Tuesday 6 July
All of our groups are led by experienced, DBS-checked professional youth theatre leaders.
Unfortunately, parents/carers are currently not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions.
Keeping Everyone Safe
The sessions will be a lot of fun and a lot of thought is going into how to ensure things run during Covid, here’s the important stuff that will help us all stay safe:
- All members will be given a specific entrance and exit to the venue for their group, and will not be able to wait in the Foyer as they have done previously due to Covid restrictions.
- Those exhibiting Covid symptoms or who are in a household that is quarantining should not attend.
- Groups are limited to 15 and all members and practitioners will be socially distanced throughout, with cleaning taking place between the different sessions. There will be an assigned toilet per group.
Fees & Bursaries
The group costs £99 for the 11 week term (with the cost of one week’s sessions deducted for members’ siblings).
We offer £9 taster sessions available for new members (deducted off the term cost if they decide to continue). Those starting later in the term will have the term fee pro-rated.
Those taking part in two or more Trinity Youth Theatre weekly workshops get a week for free with the price deducted from the term rate. Please contact us if you would like to sign up to multiple groups.
No one should be unable to take part because of financial constraints. Bursaries from The Elliott Fund are available for those on low incomes. Please contact us for more information.
Please send Sam and Jason an email and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
Dates & Times
- Date: 26 / 04 / 21Time: 16:30Book Now
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: