Drama Workshops: Act One
School years 2 to 4 on Sundays and Mondays.
We are excited to be back running our weekly workshops and classes in the Autumn term in a Covid-secure way. We will be offering taster session spaces out for the Spring term to our waiting list before the end of the year. Please sign up to that or email Jason if you have any questions.
In our weekly drama workshops, we begin each week’s workshop with a range of drama games which introduce acting skills and help to develop concentration, quick thinking and teamwork, which not only help you as you enter the world of acting, but are also invaluable life skills!
The second half of the workshops are spent exploring that term’s themes, which have included storytelling, improvisation, Grimm Tales, pantomimes and stock characters.
The drama workshops are a fantastic way to build confidence, develop skills and make friends.
Groups and Times
We have two groups for Act One. These are strictly limited in size due to Government requirements for Out of School Settings as a result of Covid. We are required to ensure school-based bubbles stick together as much as possible in these new groups.
- Aardvark: Sundays, 10am – 11am at Trinity Theatre
- Buffalo: Mondays, 4.20pm – 5.20pm at Trinity Theatre
All of our groups are led by experienced, DBS-checked professional youth theatre leaders.
Unfortunately, parents/carers are not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions at the moment.
The sessions will be a lot of fun and a lot of thought is going into how to ensure things , here’s the important Covid stuff that will help us all stay safe:
- All members will be given a specific entrance and exit to the venue for their group, and will not be able to wait in the Foyer as they have done previously due to Covid restrictions.
- Groups are limited to 15 and all members and practitioners will be socially distanced throughout, with cleaning taking place between the different sessions. There will be an assigned toilet per group.
Fees & Bursaries
The group costs £100 for the 11 week term (or £85 for a sibling of a member), and there are £7.50 taster sessions available for new members (deducted off the term cost if they decide to continue). Those starting later in the term will have the term fee pro-rated and a £15 discount is available for members of other Trinity Youth Theatre groups.
No one should be unable to take part because of financial constraints. Bursaries from The Elliott Fund are available for those on low incomes. Please contact Jason via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Autumn 2020 Term Dates
- Sunday 27 / Monday 28 September
- Sunday 4 / Monday 5 October
- Sunday 11 / Monday 12 October
- Sunday 18 / Monday 19 October
- Break for Half Term
- Sunday 1 / Monday 2 November
- Sunday 8 / Monday 9 November
- Sunday 15 / Monday 16 November
- Sunday 22 / Monday 23 November
- Sunday 29 / Monday 30 November
- Sunday 6 / Monday 7 December
- Sunday 13 / Monday 14 December
Spring 2021 term dates to be confirmed.
Please send Jason an email and he will get back to you as soon as he can.
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: