Drama Workshops: Apollo (for school years 3-5)
Monday Nights, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
In Apollo and Globe, we start the sessions with a range of drama games which introduce acting skills and help to develop concentration, quick thinking and teamwork, all of which are needed when entering the world of acting! Each term we explore a different theme, working towards a Parent Share at the end of term. In the past, we have covered Grimm Tales, pantomimes and Commedia dell’Arte. The second half of the sessions are spent exploring the term’s theme.
Spring Term starts Mon 21 Jan 2019.
In the Parent Share, children present what they have been working on during the term, in groups. This could be an interpretation of a script, or a piece they have devised themselves. This a low-pressure, informal event that is all about celebrating the progress the children have made each term. The workshops are a fantastic way to build confidence, develop skills and make friends.
All of our groups are led by experienced DBS checked facilitators.
If you have any questions about the group or want to discuss it further, please email Jason and Juliette in the Youth and Learning team.
We have other groups for those of different ages:
- Storytellers, school years 1 – 2 (5 – 7 years old): 4.30pm – 5.15pm
- Globe, school years 6 – 7 (10 – 12 years old): 5.40pm – 7.00pm
- Lantern, school years 8 – 9 (12 – 14 years old): 6.00pm – 7.40pm
- Mayflower, school years 9 – 10 (13 – 15 years old): 7.45pm – 9.30pm
- Phoenix, school years 11+ (15 years old+): 7.45pm – 9.30pm
In addition, our Youth Theatre also has performance opportunities and a programme of one-off workshops.
Spring 2019 term dates
- Mon 21 Jan
- Mon 28 Jan
- Mon 4 Feb
- Mon 11 Feb
- Mon 18 Feb – half term, no drama workshops
- Mon 25 Feb – some groups relocated
- Mon 4 Mar
- Mon 11 Mar
- Mon 18 Mar
- Mon 25 Mar
- Mon 1 Apr – parent share
Dates & Times
- Date: 21 / 01 / 19Time: 16:31Book Now
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: