Drama Workshops: Globe (for school years 6-7)
Monday Nights, 5.40pm – 7.00pm
In Apollo and Globe, we start the sessions with a range of drama games which introduce acting skills and help to develop concentration, quick thinking and teamwork, all of which are needed when entering the world of acting! Each term we explore a different theme, working towards a Parent Share at the end of term. In the past, we have covered Grimm Tales, pantomimes and Commedia dell’Arte. The second half of the sessions are spent exploring the term’s theme.
Spring Term started on Monday 21 Jan 2019. The next available spaces will be from Monday 13 May 2019, sign up to the waiting list to find out when public spaces become available.
In the Parent Share, children present what they have been working on during the term, in groups. This could be an interpretation of a script, or a piece they have devised themselves. This a low-pressure, informal event that is all about celebrating the progress the children have made each term. The workshops are a fantastic way to build confidence, develop skills and make friends.
All of our groups are led by experienced DBS checked facilitators.
Bursaries are available for those on low incomes via The Elliott Foundation. Please get in contact via firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
If you have any questions about the group or want to discuss it further, please email Jason and Juliette in the Youth and Learning team.
We have other groups for those of different ages:
- Storytellers, school years 1 – 2 (5 – 7 years old): 4.30pm – 5.15pm
- Apollo, school years 3 – 5 (7 – 10 years old): 4.30pm – 5.30pm
- Lantern, school years 8 – 10 (12 – 15 years old): 6.00pm – 7.40pm
- Mayflower, school years 9 – 11 (13 – 16 years old): 7.45pm – 9.30pm
- Phoenix, school years 11+ (15 years old+): 7.45pm – 9.30pm
In addition, our Youth Theatre also has performance opportunities and a programme of one-off workshops.
Spring 2019 term dates
- Mon 21 Jan
- Mon 28 Jan
- Mon 4 Feb
- Mon 11 Feb
- Mon 18 Feb – half term, no drama workshops
- Mon 25 Feb – some groups relocated
- Mon 4 Mar
- Mon 11 Mar
- Mon 18 Mar
- Mon 25 Mar
- Mon 1 Apr – parent share
Summer 2019 term dates
- Mon 13 May
- Mon 20 May
- Mon 27 May – half term, no drama workshops
- Mon 3 June
- Mon 10 June
- Mon 17 June
- Mon 24 June
- Mon 1 July
- Mon 8 July
- Mon 15 July – some groups relocated
- Mon 22 July – parent share
Dates & Times
- Date: 13 / 05 / 19Time: 17:40Book Now
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: