LAMDA Drama Exam Classes
Mondays and Wednesdays
School years 7 to 13
We have limited spaces available for our Rosencrantz group, which runs on a Wednesday 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre. This is open to those in school years 9-11. You can sign up for a taster using the booking links at the bottom of the page.
For all other groups, please join our waiting list to be informed when a space becomes available.
“My daughters came out buzzing – and to be honest I’ve never seen them so elated and inspired!”
Parent of LAMDA member
What Are LAMDA Drama Exam Classes?
These weekly workshops run in small groups, focusing on characterisation and technique. We look at a mixture of monologues and small group scenes. The sessions are invaluable for gaining confidence, helping for auditions and, at the higher grades, gaining UCAS points.
With Victoria, our experienced LAMDA tutor, helping at every step of the way, from choosing the right monologues, to refining your performance, this is a rewarding and well-respected qualification to gain.
About Victoria, Our LAMDA Tutor
Victoria Hall is a qualified Drama teacher and Head of Performing Arts at The Mead School, Tunbridge Wells where she has been teaching for the past eight years.
Victoria has been teaching LAMDA exams for fourteen years and preparing pupils of all levels and ages for annual examinations. Her pupils have enjoyed a 100% pass rate with 80% of pupils achieving Distinction and many continue their lessons with her once they transfer to secondary school.
Lessons are in small groups, giving every pupil the opportunity to gain confidence, perform and shine. The emphasis is on fun and success. Regular showcase performances are held for family and friends.
Victoria is pleased to be joining us at Trinity Youth Theatre:
“I know Trinity Theatre extremely well having staged many school performances there over the last eight years; I am therefore particularly delighted to be able to work in conjunction with Trinity to offer the opportunity of LAMDA lessons to the wider community.”
When Do They Happen?
We have five LAMDA exam classes, named for Shakespearean characters (though we don’t always do Shakespeare). If you are unsure which group would best suit you, please contact Jason via email.
- Falstaff: Mondays, 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre
- Guildenstern: Mondays, 5.40pm – 6.40pm at Trinity Theatre
- Mercutio: Mondays, 6.50pm – 7.50pm at Trinity Theatre
- Rosencrantz: Wednesdays, 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre
- Trinculo: Wednesdays, 5.40pm – 6.40pm at Trinity Theatre
- Monday 19 / Wednesday 21 April
- Monday 26 / Wednesday 28 April
- Monday 3 / Wednesday 5 May
- Monday 10 / Wednesday 12 May
- Monday 17 / Wednesday 19 May
- Monday 24 / Wednesday 26 May
- Break for Half Term
- Monday 7 / Wednesday 9 June
- Monday 14 / Wednesday 16 June
- Monday 21 / Wednesday 23 June
- Monday 28 / Wednesday 30 June
All of our groups are led by experienced, DBS-checked professional youth theatre leaders.
Unfortunately, parents/carers are currently not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions.
Keeping Everyone Safe
The sessions will be a lot of fun and a lot of thought is going into how to ensure things run during Covid, here’s the important stuff that will help us all stay safe:
- All members will be given a specific entrance and exit to the venue for their group, and will not be able to wait in the Foyer as they have done previously due to Covid restrictions.
- Those exhibiting Covid symptoms or who are in a household that is quarantining should not attend.
- Groups are limited to 15 and all members and practitioners will be socially distanced throughout, with cleaning taking place between the different sessions. There will be an assigned toilet per group.
Fees & Bursaries
The group costs £82.50 for the 10 week term (with the cost of one week’s sessions deducted for members’ siblings).
We offer £8.25 taster sessions available for new members (deducted off the term cost if they decide to continue). Those starting later in the term will have the term fee pro-rated.
Those taking part in two or more Trinity Youth Theatre weekly workshops get a week for free with the price deducted from the term rate. Please contact us if you would like to sign up to multiple groups.
No one should be unable to take part because of financial constraints. Bursaries from The Elliott Fund are available for those on low incomes. Please contact us for more information.
Please send Sam and Jason an email and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: