LAMDA Exam Classes
School years 7 to 13 on Mondays and Wednesdays.
We are excited to be back running our weekly workshops and classes in the Autumn term in a Covid-secure way. We will be offering taster session spaces out for the Spring term to our waiting list before the end of the year. Please sign up to that or email Jason if you have any questions.
Join us for monologue workshops to gain a graded qualification in Solo Acting or Public Speaking from the London Academy of Music and Drama Art (LAMDA). These weekly workshops run in small groups, focusing on characterisation and technique. They are invaluable for gaining confidence, helping for auditions and, at the higher grades, gaining UCAS points. With Victoria, our experienced LAMDA tutor, helping at every step of the way, from choosing the right monologues, to refining your performance, this is a rewarding and well-respected qualification to gain.
About Victoria, our LAMDA tutor
Victoria Hall is a qualified Drama teacher and Head of Performing Arts at The Mead School, Tunbridge Wells where she has been teaching for the past eight years.
Victoria has been teaching LAMDA exams for fourteen years and preparing pupils of all levels and ages for annual examinations. Her pupils have enjoyed a 100% pass rate with 80% of pupils achieving Distinction and many continue their lessons with her once they transfer to secondary school.
Lessons are in small groups, giving every pupil the opportunity to gain confidence, perform and shine. The emphasis is on fun and success. Regular showcase performances are held for family and friends.
Victoria is pleased to be joining us at Trinity Youth Theatre:
“I know Trinity Theatre extremely well having staged many school performances there over the last eight years; I am therefore particularly delighted to be able to work in conjunction with Trinity to offer the opportunity of LAMDA lessons to the wider community.”
Groups and Times
We have five LAMDA exam classes, named for Shakespearean characters (though we don’t do much Shakespeare). If you are unsure which group would best suit you, please contact Jason via email.
- Falstaff, for school years 7 – 9: Mondays, 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre
- Guildenstern, for school years 7 – 9: Mondays, 5.45pm – 6.45pm at Trinity Theatre
- Mercutio, for school years 10 – 13: Mondays, 7pm – 8pm at Trinity Theatre
- Rosencrantz, for school years 10 – 13: Wednesdays, 4.30pm – 5.30pm at Trinity Theatre
- Trinculo, for school years 7 – 9: Wednesdays, 5.45pm – 6.45pm at Trinity Theatre
All of our groups are led by experienced, DBS-checked professional youth theatre leaders.
Unfortunately, parents/carers are not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions at the moment.
The sessions will be a lot of fun and a lot of thought is going into how to ensure things , here’s the important Covid stuff that will help us all stay safe:
- All members will be given a specific entrance and exit to the venue for their group, and will not be able to wait in the Foyer as they have done previously due to Covid restrictions.
- Groups are limited to 8 and all members and practitioners will be socially distanced throughout, with cleaning taking place between the different sessions. There will be an assigned toilet per group.
Fees & Bursaries
The group costs £80 for the 11 week term (or £65 for a sibling of a member), and there are £7.50 taster sessions available for new members (deducted off the term cost if they decide to continue). Those starting later in the term will have the term fee pro-rated and a £15 discount is available for members of other Trinity Youth Theatre groups.
No one should be unable to take part because of financial constraints. Bursaries from The Elliott Fund are available for those on low incomes. Please contact Jason via email@example.com for more information.
Autumn 2020 Term Dates
- Monday 28 / Wednesday 30 September
- Monday 5 / Wednesday 7 October
- Monday 12 / Wednesday 13 October
- Monday 19 / Wednesday 21 October
- Break for Half Term
- Monday 2 / Wednesday 4 November
- Monday 9 / Wednesday 11 November
- Monday 16 / Wednesday 18 November
- Monday 23 / Wednesday 25 November
- Monday 30 November / Wednesday 2 December
- Monday 7 / Wednesday 9 December
- Monday 14 / Wednesday 16 December
Spring 2021 term dates to be confirmed.
Please send Jason an email and he will get back to you as soon as he can.
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: