Movie Makers Workshops
School years 9 to 13 on Sundays and Tuesdays.
Restarting in a Covid-secure way in September.
Building on our popular movie-making workshops, our Movie Makers weekly workshops provide an opportunity to cover all areas of movie-making in more detail with local filmmakers and facilitators.
Members cover theory and practical elements of shooting, pre- and post-production over a variety of on-going projects, picking up hints and tips as well as getting hands-on with equipment. Short films created are then shown on the big cinema screen at Trinity for friends and family. The workshops are a fun and friendly way to expand your film-making knowledge!
Important: Due to Covid restrictions, we cannot share equipment among the group. We will therefore be using phones and other personal equipment. We don’t want to this to be a barrier to entry, so if you don’t have this equipment available to you, please let us know by replying to this email and we will sort something out.
If you have any questions about the group please send Jason an email and he will get back to you as soon as he can.
Groups and Times
We have two groups for Movie Makers. These are strictly limited in size due to Government requirements for Out of School Settings as a result of Covid.
- Jupiter: Sundays, 12pm – 2pm at Trinity Theatre
- Saturn: Tuesdays, 5pm – 7pm at Trinity Theatre – FULLY BOOKED
All of our groups are led by experienced, DBS-checked professional youth theatre leaders.
Unfortunately, parents/carers are not allowed to come inside the venue before, during or after sessions at the moment.
The sessions will be a lot of fun and a lot of thought is going into how to ensure things , here’s the important Covid stuff that will help us all stay safe:
- All members will be given a specific entrance and exit to the venue for their group, and will not be able to wait in the Foyer as they have done previously due to Covid restrictions.
- Groups are limited to 8 and all members and practitioners will be socially distanced throughout, with cleaning taking place between the different sessions. There will be an assigned toilet per group.
Fees & Bursaries
The group costs £120 for the 11 week term (or £105 for a sibling of a member), and there are £7.50 taster sessions available for new members (deducted off the term cost if they decide to continue). Those starting later in the term will have the term fee pro-rated. Those who missed sessions due to the Covid lockdown will be sent a code to deduct the cost of the two missed sessions.
No one should be unable to take part because of financial constraints. Bursaries from The Elliott Fund are available for those on low incomes. Please contact Jason via email@example.com for more information.
- Sunday 27 / Tuesday 29 September
- Sunday 4 / Tuesday 6 October
- Sunday 11 / Tuesday 13 October
- Sunday 18 / Tuesday 20 October
- Break for Half Term
- Sunday 1 / Tuesday 3 November
- Sunday 8 / Tuesday 10 November
- Sunday 15 / Tuesday 17 November
- Sunday 22 / Tuesday 24 November
- Sunday 29 / Tuesday 1 December
- Sunday 6 / Tuesday 8 December
- Sunday 13 / Tuesday 15 December
Please send Jason an email and he will get back to you as soon as he can.
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: