Sister Act orchestra auditions
Following the success of Les Misérables and Sweeney Todd School Editions and our live youth orchestras, Trinity Youth Theatre are performing Sister Act in September 2020 and are looking for talented young musicians to join us.
Open to anyone aged 12-21 as of 1 September 2020. No show orchestra experience or previous membership of Trinity Youth Theatre necessary.
Sister Act is the feel-amazing musical comedy smash based on the hit 1992 film that has audiences jumping to their feet! Featuring original music by Tony and 8-time Oscar winner Alan Menken (Newsies, Beauty and The Beast, Little Shop of Horrors), this uplifting musical was nominated for 5 Tony Awards including Best Musical.
Auditions: May/June half term
Optional but recommended play through: Sunday 26 July, 10am – 2pm
Optional but recommended sing through with cast: Friday 31 July, 10am – 5pm
Compulsory rehearsals: Monday 3 – Friday 7 August, 10am – 5pm
Performances: Friday 7 August, 7.30pm; Saturday 8 August, 2pm and 7.30pm
Not everyone who auditions will get a space. It is free to take part, we just require commitment and a positive attitude.
Participants get a show hoodie and two complimentary tickets to the show.
Minimum of Grade 5 playing standard required.
- REED 1 (Flute, Alto Flute, Clarinet, Alto Sax)
- REED 2 (Flute, Clarinet, Tenor Sax)
- TRUMPET 1 (db. Flugelhorn)
- TRUMPET 2 (db. Flugelhorn)
- GUITAR (Electric, Acoustic, Nylon String, Steel String Acoustic)
- KEYBAORD 1
- KEYBOARD 2
- KEYBOARD 3
- DRUMS (Drum Kit, Triangle, Mark Tree, Shaker, Tambourine)
- PERCUSSION (Timpani, Small Cowbell, Tambourine, Congas, Triangle, Woodblock, Cowbell, Suspended Cymbal, Mark Tree, Shaker, Bongos, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Low/High Cowbell, Chimes, Bell Tree, Bigger Shaker, Claps, Crotale, KAT: Vibes, Vibes with Motor, Glock & Vibes, Chimes)
- BASS (Acoustic, Electric)
If you have any questions, please contact Jason and Rachel via email@example.com
Dates & Times
- Date: 27 / 07 / 20Time: 10:00Book Now
Trinity Theatre is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. For more information click here or the link below: