Trinity Theatre and Arts Centre Ltd will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. Trinity Theatre’s legal basis for processing this information is its legitimate interest.
What data do we ask for?
We may ask you for the following data
- Your name and contact details, postcode, age
- Health information relevant to the service we provide (i.e. hearing impairment, mobility issues, dietary preferences)
- Email address
- Your payment details
- Information to enable us to claim gift aid
- Information about what you think of our services
When do we ask for this data?
We may ask you for this data in the following instances. When you;
- Use our website, trinitytheatre.net, to purchase tickets or products
- Visit or phone our box office, to purchase tickets or products
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Complete one of our webforms or surveys
- Purchase a membership from us
- Donate to our organisation
How do we process this data?
When you book tickets online, data is shared between Trinity Theatre, Realex (payment gateway), and Spektrix (ticketing platform) in order to process the transaction. Where patrons have opted to provide their details for mailings, data will be shared with Mailchimp (our email partner). If you have completed a webform or survey or us, your data will be shared with Google.
For more information, please see their privacy notices here:
What other information do we process about you?
- Information you make publicly available, for example from social media
- Demographic information such as information about the area where you live and the people who live there
- Information about your purchases such as what events and performances you buy tickets for
- CCTV images that are reviewed after any security incidents
How we use information about you
We use your data for the following:
- Personalise your experience of our website and/or communications you receive from us.
- Record who has given money or services to us so that we can tell them how their money has helped us and others, and to claim GiftAid where possible.
- Manage our organisation effectively and continually improve what we do.
- Inform future programming of events including better understanding of our audiences
- Build a customer record to help us process future orders more effectively
- To provide you with a more personalised experience during your visit
- Better understand the demographics of our patrons and others, if subscribed to our mailing list.
- To prevent and detect crime
We may share information about you with other third-party organisations where necessary to provide you with the previously outlined services and to support our other activities described. We may be obliged by law to provide information to law enforcement agencies when requested.
Use of anonymised data and cookies
We use a third-party provider, Google Analytics, to provide us with anonymised data about how our website is viewed. For more information on how they handle your data, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
When someone visits our website (www.trinitytheatre.net) we use a number of third party services to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, types of devices used, and length of time on pages.
|Universal Analytics (Google)||_ga_gali_gat_UA-XXXX_gid||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, device used, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality and features of this and many other websites that you visit.
Trinity Theatre may wish to provide you with information about upcoming events and news within our organisation, as well as other services we, or partner organisations, may provide. If you would like to opt-out at any time from these communications, this can be done easily by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any email marketing communication we provide to you, or you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. Please allow for up 10 working days for this to be processed.
Storing and retaining your information
We will retain your personal information for no more than six years following its submission except in the instance in which:
- You have continued to remain subscribed to our mailing list
- You have purchased a membership from us which is still active
After six years, Trinity Theatre will anonymise or delete your personal data.
Requesting your information
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or would like us to remove your information from our database, please contact us via email@example.com
To assist us in this, you will need to let us know if you have ever:
- Purchased a product or service from Trinity Theatre
- Volunteered at Trinity Theatre
- Worked at Trinity Theatre in any capacity
- Served as a member of the board
- Signed up for a mailing list
Please be aware that if you want to make sure we do not contact you with marketing material we will need to store some information about you such as your email address in our marketing suppression records
- To reflect changes in the organisation’s activities which may alter the data we hold about you and the way in which we use it
- Change of our web address or hosting services
- Alter the services we use to process your data
- To reflect amendments to our policy following new government regulations or best practise.
This policy was updated on the 22/05/2018 and is subject to review and change.